Come celebrate Valentine's Day in #devart this coming weekend by attending the e-wedding of your online friends!
The Lucky Couples are...
Please join us on Sunday (time below) to witness the e-marriage of the following couples:
`Reaper-X and =Abhorrens
`ScENeYmE and `im-not-sana
`junoknight and `satvika
~PotHeadJesus and `LostKitten
`abutton and @MNBot
`lost-angle and ~Topicality
`whitesidevampire and ~Amita-Eppes
`raine-angel and ~InSaen
*BloodyVagina and =amongststars
`Gwendolyn12 and `Nyiana-Sama
e-Weddings in #devart
If you and your beloved would like to get e-married in #devart in a very special ceremony in front of your deviantART friends and family then read on!
$fourteenthstar recently ordained me as an official deviantART Minister of the Peace, so what better way of celebrating Valentine's Day than by hosting a group wedding in #devart!
It's time to pick out your dresses and suits and shoes, choose your best man or bridesmaids, and find something-old and something-new. It also helps to find yourself a sweetheart partner to get hitched to as well - hopefully you already have someone in mind!
The ceremony will be starting in #devart at 2:00PM PST on Sunday, February 13'th (Yes, not on Valentine's Day itself) (click here for your local time).
1. I'll be accepting a maximum of 10 couples and you both must be able to attend on the date/time above. HOW TO APPLY: After you have made arrangements with your significant other, simply post your partners' username in this news article - please do not ask for alternate partners or your request will be disregarded. If you make a reservation and then change your mind afterwards (understandably so, everyone gets cold feet sometimes), post a reason for the cancellation and your new choices in this article.
2. Please limit your questions and concerns regarding the e-wedding ceremonies to this news article only and I will be only too happy to answer them here.
3. On February 11th I will make my 10 selections based on a semi-random choice with the help of @MNBot and a crack judging team of MN@ Volunteers (they don't know this yet), post the winning couples names in this article as well contacting them by note with the joyous news. I also encourage all contestants to use this news article thread to attempt to sway the decision-making process... convince us why we should pick you and not someone else... use creative ways such as essays, poetry, song lyrics or interpretive dance...
4. What is required of you on the big day? Other than having to show up with your loved one, you both also need to prepare your vows. This will be the part of the ceremony where you get to express in your own words what your partner means to you in front of all your deviantART friends. Why do you love them? How do they make you feel? See below for an example of what you should have prepared:
<shuttermonkey> You are my Stophicer, my Chris, and my Ikue. You are everything I have ever needed and so much more. I love you with whether you are I arms reach or 1,000 miles away.
<shuttermonkey> You've been my best friend, my lover and my confidant for so many years and now I vow to be with you online and off for the rest of my life.
<shuttermonkey> Through the good times and the poor connections, through our not so angry fights and our stay in bed and snuggle all day, days. I promise to listen, respect, support, communicate with and embarrass you at every opportunity I get.
* moonbeam13 wipes away a tear
<shuttermonkey> I promise to never stay mad at you for more than 5 minutes, to always make lame jokes and love you for the rest of our lives. My only wish is that one day this becomes a reality and we can be joined together legally as we are spiritually, physically and mentally.
Q: What about the rings, the bridesmaids' dresses or the photographer?
A: I'll leave all that up to you and your fiance, but the winning couples should try to have two witnesses picked out to attend the ceremony in #devart.
Q: What happens if a week or two goes by and I realized I e-married an idiot? Can I have my union annulled?
A: I could possibly ban them, but then your partner would have to be a really REALLY big idiot.
Q: But will you allow minors or same-sex ceremonies?
A: Absolutely! Any two registered members of deviantART can join in this union, but only two at a time please and no llamas.
Q: Can you really do this? I mean, is this legally binding and are you really an ordained minister like you say you are?
Thanks to `rapidograph for not suing me for plagiarism both for sections of this article and the upcoming cermonial text